Again as you know God blessed us with a beautiful baby girl and we couldn't be happier! However, I am now eating my own words and as not to be a hypocrite, I’m retracting my previous statements on having a girly girl.
I can’t help but dress Miriam in pink. At first it was out of necessity; to prove to the public that the bald bundle of joy I was toting around was in fact a baby girl and not a boy! (Since the pink blankets didn’t give it away, I guess). Then it became habit to buy her pink clothes specifically with bows, flowers, butterflies and other girly looking things.
Secondly, I began planning her big girl room. This project was provoked because Lee pointed out that Classic Winnie the Pooh (even though it is my favorite!) isn’t very girly or boyish for that matter. So, I set my sights on making her future room bright, cheery and girly. It will be mainly pinks and greens with lots of flowers and of course butterflies. That’s not too girly is it?? ;o)
Now since I have control over clothes and room decor it still does not mean Miriam is turning out to be a girly girl or so I thought. It was the other night; after watching Miriam play around, when I realized that I have a girly girl in the making. Here is the list that brought me to a change of mind and heart.
Clothes = √: Last night she got into my closet and began digging through all my tank tops. Once she picked the two she liked best, she dragged them around the house until bath time, when I had to distract her and hide them.
Fashion Accessories = √: Two nights ago, I caught Miriam carrying her pink purse around the house. She loves this purse (again a thanks to R&R)! Today she wanted to wear the pink bracelet and every time I would put it on her wrist, she would hold up her arm smiling.
I have officially admitted to myself that I was wrong and that my mom, mother-in-law and all my girly girlfriends were right: it is fun having a little girly girl and I love it! (And that maybe a part of my girly side is coming out too).
Also, MJ is practicing to be the next Coppertone baby model.

3 comments:
I LOVE IT! I was the opposite and I wanted the girliest girl...which I got. They seem to be on the same page...shoes are a BIG thing in Presley's life! She is so CUTE!
lol, I want a girly girl like crazy. Tony wants boys only because he feels like he would not be able to handle the grily girl. I said my luck, I will force her into pink dresses and bows then find her in the mudd playing with dinosaures with daddy! lol Babies are not in the picutre just yet for us but I can just see it now. She might be in a dress but playing football at the same time. lol Does Joleen know what she is having this time?? Btw MJ is 1 so when is baby number two coming??
That is so awesome that she loves being a girly girl at such a young age. If God blessed me with a girl. I would want her to be a girly girl as well. Thank you so much for sharing your little GIRLY GIRL!
Post a Comment